Friday, January 23, 2009

Thank Heavens for Routine

Well we are finally back in some sort of routine. Jadon was excited to get back to school and back to riding. He really misses the horses when he is not riding and this last break was quite long. The are starting to teach him how to steer the horse using different colored gloves (blue on one hand and yellow on the other) with a corresponding colored piece of tape on his jacket. He has to put his hand on the patch which in turn gives the horse the input it needs to know that it is supposed to turn. It's exciting to see him start to become independent in an activity that he really enjoys. My longterm goal for him is to be able to ride independently some day.

2 comments:

  1. I love watching him on a horse, it is amazing how comfortable he looks on it because, honestly, when I get on one I am still nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing to see him on a horse. He seems more at-home and comfortable on that back of one of those things than on his own feet sometimes!

    ReplyDelete